This club shall be known as the Sand Dollar Motorcycle Club.
Active members shall be riders of motorcycles, persons actively concerned with the trade, or motorcycle enthusiasts. Honorary members shall be any other persons as the Club may decide by a two-thirds vote of those members present at any regular meeting as to the honor.
Only active members in good standing shall be entitled to vote in Club
affairs or to win any prizes in Club activities.
The officers of the club shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Road Captain. These officers shall constitute the Executive Board.
The duties of the president shall be:
To preside at all meetings of the Club.
To have general supervision of the affairs of the Club.
To appoint any person or committee not otherwise ordered by the Club.
To personally represent the Club on proper occasions and in business contracts.
To assist all other officers of the Club in their records, correspondence, and other duties.
To promote interest on the part of each member in Club life and activities.
To vote only when necessary to break a tie.
The duties of the Vice President shall be to perform the duties of the President in his absence.
The duties of the Secretary shall be:
To keep a record of the meetings of the Club.
To send out notices of regular or special meetings.
To handle all Club correspondence.
To perform such other duties as generally fall to the office.
To collect dues from all members.
To collect all other monies due the Club.
To maintain records on status of various Club accounts, to render reports at Club business meetings.
The duties of the Road Captain shall be:
To plan all Club tours, runs, activities, etc.
To lead the Club in formation riding or parades.
To arouse interest in activities.
To assist in handling Club socials, parties and other functions.
To enforce all rules of group riding.
To select assistants to aid in special tasks.
To act as Custodian of Club property.
To act for the club in all matters ordered by the Club.
To make final decisions upon member expulsions.
To properly investigate and present to the Club all business or important activity situations.
To have general control over all Club affairs.
All elective offices shall be filled at an annual election to be held on the first Tuesday of May of each year and all officers shall hold office for one year or until their successors are elected.
The regular meetings of the Club shall be held the first Tuesday of each month unless otherwise announced. The President or Executive Board may call a special meeting at any time by advance notice.
A majority of the Club officers and a simple majority of active members present for regular meetings shall constitute a quorum for transaction of Club business.
The constitution may be amended or added to, providing the proposed amendment is submitted in writing at a regular meeting. It shall then be advertised for four(4) weeks and voted on at the next meeting. A two-thirds vote of all active members in good standing shall be required to pass an amendment.
1. Robert's Rules of Order shall govern the parliamentary proceedings of this Club unless otherwise provided in the bylaws. The order of business shall be:
1. Roll call and or record of attendance in the minutes.
2. Reading of minutes of previous meeting.
3. Report of officers.
4. Unfinished business.
5. New business.
2. The recommended standing committee of the Club shall be the Activities Committee of three members. The Activities Committee, with the Road Captain acting as chairman, shall have general charge of all tours, runs, and social functions, subject to such orders as the Club may give.
3. The Club dues shall be $2.50 per month for active members, payable at regular meetings in the months of January and July. Semi-annual or annual mode of payment is desired. However, a new applicant, may pay on a prorated basis until a regular renewal month occurs. Initial enrollment will include a fee for a Club insignia. Dues shall be paid not later than the 15th of the month following the due date. Any member two(2) months or more behind in his dues shall be considered not in good standing and not entitled to vote at Club meetings.
4. Applications for membership must be recommended by one member of the Club in good standing. Upon payment of dues, the applicant will be placed on probation for a period of one month. The new applicant will have his/her motorcycle(s) checked by the Road Captain for serviceability and will demonstrate his ability to ride in group formations. Upon completion of probationary period and meeting these qualifications, he becomes a full member and entitled to all the privileges of the Club.
5. Any member who has been advised he is delinquent and behind in his dues for sixty (60) days may be expelled from the Club by a two-thirds vote of those present at any regular Club meeting.
6. Only active members who hold AMA memberships shall be eligible to hold office in the Club.
7. All bills must be checked and approved by the Executive Board before they are paid. All checks should be signed by the Treasurer and an additional Club officer. Transactions in cash will be covered by numbered receipts.
8. A member may be expelled for conduct unbecoming a member of the Club, but charges must first be made in writing and the accused member given a hearing before the Executive Board. The Board shall take evidence and report its findings to the Club with the recommendation that the charges be considered proven and the accused member be expelled, or that the charges not be considered proven and the accused member remain a member of the Club. The Club shall then take a vote to decide whether or not the recommendation of the Executive Board shall be adopted. It will require a two-thirds vote of active members present and entitled to vote to veto the recommendation of the Executive Board.
9. Amendments to the constitution and bylaws may be added, provided that such amendments in no way supersede or contradict the constitution and bylaws of the parent body, the American Motorcycle Association.
10. Changes in the bylaws will be made following the annual election of the Club officers, or upon written recommendation of the Executive Board with two-thirds of the active membership in good standing approving. Advance notice of proposed changes will be announced to the membership in the Club news and voted on at the next regular meeting.
11. Nominations for Club officers will be proposed in advance of elections and listed in the Club news. Declination by nominees will be so indicated or announced prior to voting. Nominations will be made only by members in good standing. All elective offices shall be filled at an annual election to be held on the first Tuesday of May each year. Officers shall hold offices for one year or until their successors are elected and qualified.
12. Voting during Club elections will be made by secret written ballot by each member present. Activities Committee will supervise the procedure and make the results known to the Executive Board.
13. Funds will be accounted for by the Treasurer or Club Secretary in absence of the Treasurer. A monthly statement will be presented in writing for review of the membership. The Treasurer will be bonded with the fee paid by the Club. Listings of dues, accounts receivable, or funds due the Club will be shown on the monthly statement to include members delinquent in dues payment for a period of sixty(60) days. Inventory of Club property will be maintained.
SUBJECT: Motion to allow absentee voting at the Club general elections.
METHOD: Amend item 12 of the bylaws to read as follows:
12. Voting during club elections will be made by secret written ballot
by each member in good standing. Absentee ballots must be requested in
advance and completed ballots received by the Club Secretary 24 hours prior
to the start of the business meeting. Absentee ballots must be verified
by the Club Secretary in such a way to preserve the anonymity of the vote.
The Activities Committee will supervise the elections and make the results
known to the Executive Board.
Last revised: August 12, 2012
Send page content comments to: email@example.com
Copyright © 2012 Sandollar Motorcycle Club Inc.